When a business shifts its strategic focus, it often must address legal and ethical concerns before it can operationalize its plan. This is because organizations are mandated to operate within legal frameworks and ethical considerations set by various authorities.
You are now in a similar situation.
While you completed the KPI analysis, the company’s legal team reviewed the same set of documents to identify and address any legal or ethical concerns.
The CEO has forwarded you a memo from the legal team that discusses these legal and ethical concerns. Changes in the plan must be made to address these issues. Without these changes, the legal team will not approve the marketing and sales proposal.
Communication received from a legal department is not always easy for someone outside the field to interpret. Therefore, you must review legalese language carefully to isolate the key issues and concerns.
Your task is to respond to legal and ethical concerns raised by your company’s legal team. Include the following criteria:
- Review the following resources you will be using in Project Three: Applying Ethical and Legal Frameworks:
- Memo from Legal Department
- Identify one legal and one ethical issue raised by the legal team. Remember you need to isolate the issues from the legalese.
- Develop a recommendation that addresses both the legal and ethical issues you have identified.
- What do you intend to recommend? Explain your reasoning.