1. What type of survivorship curve do modern humans possess?
2. Would you expect that there is a difference in the survivorship of men and women? Explain why, or why not?
3. Why do humans exhibit this type of survivorship curve? What factors are involved?
4. Why might obituaries be a poor source of data for determining a human survivorship curve?
5. The data for this exercise was collected from the United States. Would you expect to see the same curve from data collected in a developing (i.e., under-developed) country? What might the differences be, if any?