With this extra credit opportunity, you will visit any historical site or museum website (or virtual tour) that has connections with what we have learned in this class, and write a review of it. Secondly, tell me how it could be used in the US History classroom as a teaching tool (This info will be of great value to me for future classes). Post your review in the Discussions/Extra Credit. Note, you must post a thread before you can see the other threads. Length: 500 words or more. Due: April 30, 11:30 pm.
Below is a short list of museums and historic sites that you can view online, this is just a very short list and there are hundreds more, so you don’t see anything here that you like, look for another cooler museum website online: Cut and paste the links into your browser.
- Smithsonian, National Museum of American History: https://americanhistory.si.edu/exhibitions/online
- Smithsonian, National Museum of Natural History: https://naturalhistory2.si.edu/vt3/NMNH/
- Museum of the American Indian: https://americanindian.si.edu/americans/
- National Women’s History Museum: https://www.womenshistory.org/womens-history/online-exhibits
- National Archives: https://www.archives.gov
- The Jewish Museum: https://tours.thejewishmuseum.org
- Frederick Douglass House: https://www.nps.gov/museum/exhibits/frdo/index.html,https://artsandculture.google.com/streetview/frederick-douglass-national-historic-site/XwHXMKZ_Y1b-WQ?sv_lng=-76.98517950127601&sv_lat=38.86340828726444&sv_h=219.12322622619527&sv_p=-19.969703434987537&sv_pid=1_s4nlcWH3T_ME7-A9STAA&sv_z=1
- National Museum of the US Navy: https://www.history.navy.mil/content/history/museums/nmusn/explore/photography.html
- George Washington’s Mount Vernon: https://www.mountvernon.org/library/digitalhistory/resources-for-online-learning/
- Museum of the American Revolution: http://www.amrevmuseum-virtualtour.org
- Valley Forge: https://www.nps.gov/museum/exhibits/valley_forge/overview.html
- Thomas Jefferson, Monticello: https://www.monticello.org/house-gardens/virtual-tours-of-monticello/
- American Battlefield Trust: https://www.battlefields.org/visit/virtual-tours
- Benjamin Franklin House: https://benjaminfranklinhouse.org/the-house-benjamin-franklin/artefacts/