Unit 5: Project
World War III:
You have just covered the Second World War and its causes. Now, think about the global powers and conflict that they face today. You have two choices for this assessment. You can create a 2-minute video presentation or write a 600-word essay. You will describe one scenario in which World War III could begin.
A well-written presentation will reflect on what you learned about how World Wars begin and escalate, and why countries choose to involve themselves or remain neutral.
The intention of this assignment is for you to dig into how World Wars develop, so please stick to one scenario in which you will fully investigate the reasons for large-scale wars such as these.
Create with Presentation Software
You may choose which presentation software or program works best for you. If you have access to Microsoft PowerPoint (Login in with your Microsoft 365 account), this is a good option.
You may use any digital program of your choice. Explore some of the great tools below to make your presentation come alive. Try one out at a time until you find the one that you like the best. Some free online options to consider are:
- StoryBoardThat (FREE – No other accounts needed)
- Animoto (Login with AHS Student Account) [email protected] – username and password – Ahs687X!$
- Draw.i.o (FREE – Google Email account and Google Drive access needed)
- Google Slides (FREE – Google Email account and Google Drive access needed)
- Animaker (FREE – No other accounts needed)
- Powtoon (FREE – No other accounts needed)
- Biteable (FREE – No other accounts needed)
- Prezi (FREE – No other accounts needed)
Create a Video Presentation
Here are some options to use for making a video:
- Use your phone’s camera then upload the file to Google Docs, Sharepoint, Youtube or any other online cloud, after which you can simply share your link in the answer box (be sure to edit your video’s settings to make it ‘viewable’ by others.
- Use the webcam option which works online with your computer’s webcam. Once you’re finished, you will be able to download the video to your computer then attach it below and submit it.
- Create a video using Voicethread. Note that using this option, you will be able to create up to 5 free videos. When you reach your quota, you will need to remove older videos. After you create your video, simply share the link to it in the answer box below. Be sure to check your video’s settings to make it ‘viewable’.
Option 2: Essay
Please write your essay in MLA format, and follow the standard five-paragraph model. Your essay should have an introduction paragraph, three body paragraphs, and a conclusion paragraph. If you need help with how to write an essay in MLA format or the five-paragraph model, please refer to the following links:
You must use at least 2 credible sources other than your textbook and provide a Works Cited page with your sources. Failure to include a Works Cited page will result in a rejected assignment
Remember to write in your own words and in complete sentences.
For conducting research and using primary and secondary sources, click on these links:
Remember to write in your own words, write in complete sentences, and cite your work. Always check your words with the Plagiarism Checker before submitting for grading. Here are few good ones to use